Burung Pipit

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pls enbloc me!!

The Straight Times 20 Dec 2005 (abstract) HOUSING MARKET STIRS AFTER 5 SLUGGISH YEARS Recovery focused mainly on high-end segment, but may turn broad-based next year IT LIVES! After nearly five years of sluggishness - and quiet despair among owners - the sleepy property market finally came back to life this year. By Fiona Chan & Joyce Teo ************************************************ Fiona's & Joyce's, i marked your words on it, on this so-called Property Market resurgent. Whatever the direction of the property market in the next 12 months, any one of the followings happening will put a smile on my face

  • property price go up by 20%. fat hope but a hope is a hope...
  • my block kena en-bloc. more likely but dont know when, so still fat hope
  • someone offers 20% above market value for my property. my flat got seaview one, ok!!

In the event of any of the above happening, Fiona & Joyce, i will buy dinner for both of you at any restaurant of your choice!! You can mark my words, too!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mother Superior said...

Haha! I read your post with amusement.

I waited, and I waited for my old place at Dist 10 to go en bloc. Everybody said it would go en bloc, but that was ten years ago, and five years ago, and just again, late last year. Upgrading has been done and all hopes on it.

I decided, best not to wait. Packed up, got out and currently staying with MIL before TOP of new place near my kids' school. My main reason is that it has the highest number of residences compared to the rest of HUDC flats, so chances of en bloc will still be a long wait. There are others with good locations and smaller number of residences. So less payouts for developers.

Point is: Bank not on instant wealth. If it comes, God bless you, if not, God bless you too! :-)

2/22/2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger seefei said...

Just tried to anchor my expectation with that entry. Agreed with you that instant wealth is not the way to go...
Aiyah... forgot to buy the last 10-mil toto again ;-)

2/22/2006 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

dang missed out on that US$365mil power ball lottery here

2/22/2006 02:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home