Burung Pipit

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Final Destination 3, I like!!

After the slow pacing and thinking movie “The Crimson River” on Saturday, watching Final Destination 3 on Sunday was really a welcome change. It is the “tonik” movie that I need to perk me up for Monday. I can imagine absolutely nothing more gratifying than watching some perfect ang moh ah bengs, ah lians with perfect breasts or massive biceps succumb to the gruesomely violent, and yet goofy at times, shock of Death. Nothing else in the horror genre can compare to the pure, unadulterated simplicity of this Destination installment. James Wong, who took a break from the second installment, is back in his element in this third installment. Call me shallow, but I actually like this movie. No character development, philosophical pretension, unnecessary plots to deviate away from the balance equation of a good formula. Death, has never been as crowd pleasing as it is in any of the Final Destination films. I don’t see any reason why the series couldn’t extend indefinitely. It’s a one-trick movie to be sure but, my God, it’s a great trick. I left the cinema feeling guilty pleasure. Death should not be so entertaining, but that's what this movie is all about. Ang moh = red hair Ah beng = male teenager Ah lian = female teenager

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Shallow? Of course not!! I guess Toy boys like your goodself are mostly a misunderstood lot. Sigh... same with me lar. Just bcos I have perfect boobs that comes with looks I am dumb meh... hor?? ** definitely, surely will not meet see fei in person.... let the illusion live on!! **

I will go watch the movie coz u recommended me!! lol

3/06/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger chartao said...

FD3 is good lar...simple, quick and straight to the point...no need think so much when watching...

3/06/2006 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger seefei said...

Helen
i am no misunderstood toyboy lah. give me boobs over intellect... any time... and you can call me anything you like dear! hahaha

Leo-movie are too serious lah nowadays. i like FD3 for its fun and goofiness.

3/06/2006 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home